What is Mold?
Mold is a common fungus that is found everywhere, but when mold spores have access to a warm and damp environment, mold can multiply and spread quickly in your home. Any home or business can quickly become infested with mold with the introduction of a water source, like a roof or plumbing leak. Mold can spread throughout a property in as little as 48-72 hours, and can produce allergens and irritants that have the potential to cause other health effects. This mold can potentially damage the structure and walls of your home weakening the homes integrity.
Black mold (or “toxic black mold”) is an unofficial term often used to refer to molds that produce mycotoxins. There is no actual black mold species, but the term often references Stachybotrys chartarum, which has a greenish-black color. This type of mold damage can be hazardous to your health and may weaken the structure of your home. We recommend getting a Marshfield, MA mold inspection to determine the extent of damage and testing to determine the type of mold. We provide professional mold removal services for your home or business in Marshfield, Massachusetts
Mold Removal vs Mold Remediation in Marshfield, MA
Many people may not realize that mold growth can be very dangerous to your home and your health. If you have been experiencing an increase in allergies, headaches or sinus issues, you could have a potential mold infestation in your home. When faced with an outbreak of mold in your home or business, you should always consult a mold remediation specialist like Action 1 Restoration that provides 24/7 emergency mold removal services in Marshfield, MA. The main difference between mold removal and mold remediation is that removal is just one of the steps in a larger complex process of mold cleanup and prevention. Our partner teams of licensed and insured technicians are able to help you get rid of mold once and for all using an industry standard process that is effective. Call our team today to discuss our advanced mold removal Marshfield solutions and services. Our goal is to prevent additional damage by having a fast response time and our trained specialists make sure the process is done properly the first time.
What Determines the Cost of Mold Mitigation?
There are several factors that will determine the cost of the mold remediation project, but it is hard to give you an estimate over the phone. Our local team needs to be able to assess how large the infestation is and the rooms affected in order to determine the amount of mold damage involved. Our team does provide free mold remediation estimates, but you will also need a mold inspection and testing done. Here are some of the items that determine the cost in regards to mold removal in Marshfield, MA:
- Cause of the Mold - Mold usually is a symptom of water damage or a pipe leak. Does the area need water removal or water damage restoration and repairs?
- Size of the area affected - The amount of mold and the rooms affected. The larger amount of mold in different rooms, behind the walls, in the attic or ventilation system will require additional work, materials and cleaning.
- Repair and remodeling - The materials needed to repair and remodel after the mold has been cleaned up. This step needs to be performed to return your home back to its original condition.
Mold can affect any room, but rooms that are more susceptible to infestation are typically: bathrooms, kitchens, basements, attics and walls. These areas will typically have plumbing pipes behind the walls or appliances that use water. These pipes and appliances could have a major or minor slow leak over time that provides mold the moisture it needs to grow and multiply.
How Our 6 Step Quality Restoration Process Works
What Is the Mold Abatement Process?
Mold mitigation and abatement will vary depending on your situation and will be determined by the extent of the infestation. We use a 6 step process in Marshfield, MA as demonstrated above, but the following remediation process is a little more in depth step-by-step guide of the abatement process. Our highly recommended certified professionals utilize different chemical brands and equipment to aid in mold removal, but the scope of the work and steps taken should be similar for removal, disinfection and prevention. We want to make sure we deliver the best possible results for mold remediation that is safe and effective.
- Initial Mold Assessment & Testing - Determine the affected areas, size of the infestation, type of mold and develop the best mold removal plan
- Containment Barriers - Seal off the areas where mold is present to prevent the spread into other areas and rooms.
- Air Filtration & HEPA Vacuum - Using high-efficiency HEPA air filtration to clean the air and stop active airborne spores. HEPA vacuums are used to remove mold spores from the surfaces in the contaminated areas.
- Demolition & Removal - Remove and dispose of items that are not salvageable
- Mold Removal - Remove mold and mold roots
- Scrub, Clean & Disinfection - All mold on surfaces and walls needs to be scrubbed, cleaned and disinfected
- Re-HEPA Vacuum & Prevention - The affected areas needs to be re-vacuumed using HEPA certified vacuums to ensure any remaining mold spores or roots
- Restoration, Repair and Cleanup - Repair and remodel of the home to restore your home back to its pre-loss condition, additional testing to make sure the indoor air quality is safe
Once the remediation process is completed and the source of water repaired, we highly recommend following a good plan to keep your homes moisture levels within acceptable conditions will help ensure you do not experience a mold re-occurrence in the future.
Major Insurance Companies Our Local Locations Work With
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I rent my home in Marshfield?
If you are renting your home, apartment or condo, you need to get in touch with the homeowner and have them call us. Legally without the homeowners or commercial building owners consent, we can not enter the premises and provide any work in your home or office. Once the property owner reaches out to our local team, we can start the damage restoration process immediately to restore the property.
Does homeowners insurance cover mold?
Depending on your insurance company, the cause of the mold problem and your insurance policy will determine if insurance covers mold remediation. We try to work with your insurance company to get the damage covered, but your insurance provider will be able to instruct you on if it is covered or not. Our technicians will take before and after pictures of the site to help submit the claim to your insurance company.
Do you have offices near me?
Yes, we have local staff and contractors near you in Marshfield.
Action 1 Restoration provides emergency services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for residential and commercial properties. If you are experiencing any type of mold disaster, our highly trained team can help you with some of the best solutions. Please get in touch with our mold removal pros today.
Mold Inspections & Testing in Marshfield
A thorough inspection of your home and the mold growth in it will tell you whether or not you need to get Action 1 Restoration's Phoenix mold remediation to take a look. If you suspect you have a mold problem, it is a good idea to take the time to get a mold inspection done and then if mold is found to have mold testing done. After your Phoenix home has sustained a significant amount of water damage that has been cleaned up, it is a good idea to have your home inspected for any potential mold damage threats.
Additional Resources and Articles: