Trust the Action 1 Restoration Pros
24/7 for Immediate Service
We know how traumatic it can be when your business or home is ruined by fire, mold or water. We at Action 1 Restoration are the partner you can count on during those trying times. We’ve been helping families, businesses and homes for decades now. Call us for questions or for a free estimate.
When should a mold inspection and mold testing be considered?
Immediately give us a call when you detect high levels of humidity, someone in the family has frequent respiratory allergies, when you see unusual stains on your walls or when you suspect water penetration.
Why Choose The Action 1 Team For Inspections & Testing
- A family member has developed allergic reactions. Symptoms include itchy eyes, sneezing and runny nose. Check if the symptoms are experienced after staying in a particular area of your house.
- You need to ensure that moisture sources have properly been sealed after an intervention has been implemented on a known mold or water problem.
- You are about to buy or rent a new home. You want to make sure that house is mold-free and does not have any water system issues.
- There are members of the family that are highly susceptible to health hazards associated with molds. At high risk are children, the elderly, the chronically ill and those with respiratory issues.
The Mold Inspection Process
There are two types of mold inspection – complete and limited. Complete mold inspection includes a visual assessment of the whole building, its components and its systems; measuring of humidity, temperature and moisture; and gathering of mold samples.
In contrast, the limited type focuses only in inspecting a specific part of the building. Mold samples are also taken for laboratory analysis. Our inspectors will report musty odors, water damage, moisture intrusion, mold growth, conditions that are favorable to mold growth and findings from laboratory analyses of mold samples gathered from your house.
How Our 6 Step Cleanup Process Works
5 Simple Steps for Inspections
- We will give you a questionnaire where you will answer questions pertaining to past and current problems encountered. Specific questions are about visible molds observed, condensation or humidity, moldy odors, issues, leaked roofs, and plumbing leaks.
- The second phase involves the visual inspection. It is when we go to all accessible areas of the house and search for water penetration and presence of molds. Special tools such as moisture meters, hydrometers, borescopes and thermometers will be used.
- Sampling is done in the third step. Here, we collect air samples. We do air sampling because molds disperse their spores into the air. By doing this, we can make sure that even those molds hidden from sight can still be detected. We will take samples from both your indoor and outdoor air.
- The fourth step is sampling analysis which we do in our laboratory. We identify the types of molds gathered and come up with a rough estimate of the number of spores per cubic meter of air.
- Then, we give a report of our findings. You will receive an email from us containing digital images and information spore levels, mold types and locations of molds in your home.
Tools & Equipment Used
We use special tools and personal protection equipment (PPE). We use a flashlight to check dark corners and enclosed spaces. To check for wet areas, we use a moisture meter.
We also bring a digital camera to take pictures of sampled surfaces. For possibilities of moisture penetration, we use an infrared camera. A humidity gauge is necessary for checking areas with unusually high humidity. To check mold growth behind walls, a borescope is used. With this instrument, we can inspect walls without damaging the drywall.Once the inspection/testing is completed and you decide to hire Action 1 Restoration, as part of the process to remove the mold is also disinfection of the contaminated area.
Lets Talk About Your Restoration Project
These mold issues cannot be left for “later", they are serious dangers which need to be addressed by professionals with experience and need to be addressed immediately. That is why Action 1 Restoration can provide mold remediation services within minutes, day or night, we are just a phone call away.